Saturday, September 20, 2008

Most Rewatched Movie

The Onion's AV has a great article this week asking critics what their most rewatched movies are. Brilliant ice breaker for a bunch of film critics, and really interesting to read. So what's yours (and what's mine)?

My most rewatched movies are going to be from childhood, where I averaged about 5-6 hours a day in front of the television, and from the time I was very little we had cable with several movie channels. Because we had Showtime, The Movie Channel, Cinemax and HBO, you'd end up watching a lot of the same movies since some movies were showing on all four channels, and thus were on at least once a day.

Probably one of my most watched shows is Mask starring Eric Stoltz and Cher. I don't like that movie, per se, but when it was on, I always watched it. Another one is The Goonies and still another is Back to the Future. Both of those filled an entire summer with almost daily bike rides and walks to the movie theater (sometimes with MoLT!). I think I saw Goonies 13 times on the first run of the film's release one summer. More recently, though, Boogie Nights, Rear Window and Cool Hand Luke come to mind - all born out of my high school and college days.

No comments: