Friday, September 26, 2008

Man Has Penis Amputated

I heard that George Washington had a fear of being buried alive. I now officially have a fear of having my penis amputated while I go under the knife for having my foreskin removed (thankfully mine was removed a long time ago, but I'm not going to give up on this fear that easily).
LOUISVILLE, Ky - A Kentucky man and his wife said two doctors amputated the man's penis without his consent, and have filed a lawsuit.

According to the lawsuit, Philip Seaton, 61, went to have a circumcision last October as part of treatment for a medical condition. Seaton said when he woke up from the procedure, he realized his penis had been amputated.

Seaton has suffered mental anguish, pain, and has lost the enjoyment of life, according to the lawsuit.
Egads! Apparently, the man had cancer in his penis, and went in for surgery that would have removed just the foreskin (allegedly). When they went in, they found the cancer was worse and opted to amputate the entirety of the penis. He's suing the hospital (or the doctors; not sure).

What's the lesson here? I think it is at minimum that you shouldn't cut off a person's penis unless you have their permission, preferably in writing.

No comments: