Saturday, August 16, 2008

What's the Most Dangerous Sport?

I wouldn't have said roller skating, but after watching this, I know it is the case. I couldn't even count how many ways this guy could've died in the video. To whet your curiosity, imagine a man in some kind of metal suit that is covered head to toe in roller skates - roller skates on his feet, legs, hands belly, everywhere. Next, put that man on a winding highway in the Swiss Alps. I've no idea how fast he is going, but it looks pretty dang fast, and I cannot believe he is actually making those hairpin turns. He's a transformer, and watching it almost made me cry on many different levels.



Update: At 4:13, the guy passes a pair on a motorcycle who appear to be going a typical speed on a road of this kind, so I'm going to guess he's going around 60-65, at least. It's not clear how he brakes, but the way he makes turns looks like it takes some getting used to. I could imagine that the same people who do BASE jumping doing this. He's literally like a rocket for no telling how long.

No comments: