Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In-Ground Trampoline

We are making an offer on a house in a minute, and so I thought I'd post a link to an interesting blog I found last night. Or rather, to an interesting entry on that blog: Inground Trampoline Design parts 1 and 2. This took him 6 man-days to make, which is about 6 more than anything I've ever done before. But I got kind of excited when he posted his calculations using the law of cosines, and so I'm sort of intrigued. It's an in-ground trampoline, as you can see in this picture, and it does two things. One, it's much prettier to me than having a big old trampoline in the yard, which I think are kind of eyesores (no offense). But, two, it reduces nearly all the risk of your kid getting killed on it by placing it in the ground. Heck, even your 1-year-old could walk on this thing.



I'm also going to build a bocce ball court in this yard, assuming we get it. If we can get both, then my wife and I could play bocce ball at one part of the yard, while my kids bounce on the trampoline at the other end of the yard.

No comments: