Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Worst Husbands Ever?

Cracked has a nice new comic book list: the 6 worst comic book superheroes. Admittedly, I think this is basically just a list of Marvel superhero husbands, period. The only guy I can immediately think of who's missing is the Vision, who was/is married to Scarlet Witch. He's an android, so if they purposefully left him off the list, then you have to think these guys are pretty crappy. Spidey, Hulk, Cyclops, Antman, Hawkeye and Reed Richards make the cut. The list really starts getting funny once you get to page 2 and see #3, #2, and #1. These two pics of Reed Richards showing his soft side were really nice, I thought.



2 comments:

J said...

that's pretty good. i think pym and the wasp are divorced now aren't they?

scott cunningham said...

I think you're right. But I actually didn't remember them ever being together, so I don't know. I had a hard time of keeping track of Pym, since he changed powers and costumes all the time. I only knew they were hypothetically married because in The Ultimates, they are married, and they made him a sadistic, jealous, insecure, wife-beating psychopath. In that non-canonical series, Pym gets his ants to attack the WAsp when she's little, and they nearly kill her. But that frame in the Cracked list was the first time I ever saw it suggested he might have done such things in the canon, too.