Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mike Tyson's Abandoned House


Hat tip to Kottke for this gem. I think this is part of a larger series of photographs taken of abandoned homes. Nonetheless, these photographs of Mike Tyson's abandoned mansion are really interesting. I think I probably would've been petrified, personally, walking through this ghost of a mansion. The cold winter outside, freezing over indoor pools, and the sadness everywhere - I would've felt like at any moment, the ghost of the zebras whose coats line the floors would've risen up and mauled me in the way only zebra ghosts can do. The mansion is of course very gaudy, as you probably heard. But I really liked the indoor pool, to be honest. How could you not? I don't eat sundaes, but I could probably learn if the sundae bar beside the waterfall could become operational again. I also thought the shape of the wooden ceilings in the pool room were strikingly beautiful. They reminded me of a small country church's ceiling. Other parts, particularly views from the outside, made it seem really livable - but the amount of money you'd spend in updating this place would be astronomical.

No comments: