Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Clone Wars Trailer Leaked

This trailer for the upcoming Clone Wars movie was leaked so smoke em if you got em. That's what we used to say when I was a member of the Rebel Alliance, anyway. This video might be gone tomorrow, in other words, so watch it now.

There's some serious Star Wars fervor in my house. Case in point. Six year old objects to the Star Wars comic book he bought a month ago because of the lack of "killing" in it. I hear you little man. Judging from the above trailer, that has probably been rectified.

What I'm really psyched about the new movie is many-fold, if I can invent a word for a moment here. First of all, the focus on the stormtrooper platoons. Some of the cooler stories in the Clone Wars cartoon series on Cartoon Network were the stormtrooper platoon ones, and I see that they're continuing that forward here. Second of all, the Huts. That's cool, because the Huts are basically the Corleones of the Star Wars universe, which is cool automatically, but I think the Empire gets old as a singular enemy so I'm ready for something new. And finally, I'm digging the animation on the jedi lightsaber duels. Way better than the movies. The way they effortlessly swing the sabers in these trailers has me really excited. I will admit that I don't understand the whole padawan system, though. I thought Anakin was Obi's padawan, even into Revenge of the Sith, yet Anakin's apparently got his own padawan in this new movie. That she doesn't show up in Revenge of the Sith probably says all we need to know about what will happen to her, too.

No comments: