Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Unsafe, very basic things

This shows up in the affadavit:
"Later, the agent told "Kristen" that the client would "ask you to do things that, like, you might not think were safe -- you know -- I mean that ... very basic things. ... 'Kristen' responded: 'I have a way of dealing with that. ... I'd be like, listen dude, you really want the sex?' ... You know what I mean.'"
Apparently, this is a reference to his desire to have unprotected sex with the prostitute. I thought it must be some reference to things like S&M, bondage, things of that nature, but apparently it's probably just a reference to wanting to have sex without a condom. I'd be surprised if they didn't have an ala carte option for sex without a condom. It's essentially the compensating differential equal to the risk of STD infection (probably low in this case, given the selectivity of the clientele) and the expectation of a pregnancy outcome (probably higher). I would expect this to always be an issue for brothels, and that they'd have these higher-priced options available for their clients for their consideration.

No comments: