Monday, December 10, 2007

Superbad (3.75 stars/4 stars)

Update: I've added the two scenes in question.

Ah, Superbad. If one were to review you, where would one start? Inevitably, every thing I could say positive would start with the word "Michael" and end with the word "Cera." He's like some wonderful adolescent male Ellen DeGeneres. The scene of him singing "These Eyes" is great, but one of the absolute best scenes is of him giving advice to Seth trying on too-tight-jeans in the mall. My wife and I rewound that and watched it again, and I was crying through the entire thing. I love Cera's shy, understated, tense delivery of his lines and his characters. That's why he reminds me of Ellen DeGeneres, actually.





It was the most filthy movie I've ever seen, but that's the Judd Apatow/Seth Rogen formula. Tender-hearted, endearing films of pure filth. And they get me every time. Three and three-quarter stars! Yeah baby!

No comments: