Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Top Ten Video Games

I love the "top ten lists" that show up everyday (several times a day actually) on Digg, because it really reveals who uses Digg. Nine times out of ten, the list has something to do with video games, and is always insightful. At least, I think it's insightful. I have such an arm's length love for video games that it's hard for me to say. On the one hand, I grew up playing video games, but only on the family computer, which limited my gaming to Sierra titles like King's Quest, Police Quest, Thexder, and Leisure Suit Larry [question: my parents let an 11-year-old play this adults only game, why?]. I never owned a game console past the basic Atari 2600, and thus missed out on a lot. But, all my friends had one, so I got to play and beat some of them. So, that means that when I read a top ten list like this one, entitled "The 10 Most Important Games Ever", I both geek out and am disappointed simultaneously. I geek out because when I recognize an obviously important game like this one, I feel like I'm in the loop. But then I come across one like this, and am left scratching my head going, "I think I remember this one. Wait. No, I have no idea what this important game is. Sniff." And walk away utterly demoralized. (Not really).

No comments: